Effective: January 1, 2020
Last Updated: May 19, 2020
What We Collect & How We Collect It
We may collect Personal Information that you provide to us when you access our website, transact business with us through a website or otherwise, contact customer service, participate in a promotion, participate in another feature of our website that requires your Personal Information, provide us with comments, suggestions or content for, and/or provide your information to third party marketing affiliates. We only collect information that is necessary for the purposes identified herein. Please note that we do not control the collection or use of your information by third parties who may provide it to us, and such is subject to their privacy policies.
- Contact Information: Such as name; address; phone number; fax number; email address; DOB; social pages.
- Payment Info: Such as credit card type. Please note that we do not store credit card numbers and all credit card processing is done by third parties.
- Preferences: Such as product types; quantities of products; delivery preferences.
- Purchase History: Such as historical purchase records; order numbers; identification of products and quantities in order to facilitate our supply and demand analysis, to provide a more personalized purchase experience for you, to address warranty/return claims, or to identify and provide promotions that may be of interest to you.
- Chat, Email, Other Electronic Communications: Any Personal Information you voluntarily share in your written and electronic communication with us.
- Questions, Comments and Feedback: You have the ability to contact us with questions you may have, inquire about products, request to be contacted, and provide us with comments and or feedback about the Company and products. We will process any information you submit, post or provide in the course of such activities to respond to your comments or feedback.
- Other Personal Data: We may collect other personal data that you choose to provide. For example, if you sign up to receive marketing emails, or other communications regarding Company, participate in contests, surveys and other promotions related to the Company or Company products, we may collect information from you. We will only collect what you voluntarily provide.
- Information from Third Party Platforms: If you access a website or communicate with us using your account or account credentials from a third-party owned or operated platform/service (e.g., Amazon, Apple, AWS, Facebook, Google, Shopify, Twitter, etc.), post content from one of our websites to a social network, or use various social media features (e.g., “Like” button), we may process certain information from the third parties, such as your username, “likes”, location, birthday, comments and reviews, preferences, network reach and influence, and any other information you provided to the third parties in connection with your account. Depending on your account and privacy settings, we may also be able to see information that you post when using these third parties whether or not you are an active customer. We may also collect Personal Information about you from our third-party service providers who provide us with e-commerce and/or technical related support or services associated with the functionality and purposes of a website and our transaction of business and interaction with you. The information you post or provide to third parties, as well as the controls surrounding these disclosures are governed by the policies of these third parties.
- Browsing Information, Logs, Device Information: When you visit one of our websites, we may process information about your activities on our website through the use of technology such as cookies, web beacons, IP Address, and other tracking technologies, as further explained herein below. This information may contain personal information and statistical information. We may collect device-specific information (such as hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network Information, including your mobile phone number). We may record or log information from your devices, their software, and your activity accessing or using our Website. This information may include: IP address, device ID numbers, system activity, location preferences, date and time stamps of transactions. Providing this information is not mandatory and cookies can be disabled. However, please note that our website may not offer the same functionalities when certain cookies or other tracking data are disabled.
- Images: We may capture images of you, including also sound and video, through our closed-circuit television and other security measures at our retail locations and other warehouse and corporate properties. There are no security cameras in rooms or other private areas, but, where permitted by law, all other public areas may be under monitor and recording for loss prevention and security purposes, and for the protection of our employees and visitors to our properties. We may also capture images of you if you participate in corporate sponsored, or other private or public events.
- Advertising Data: From time to time we may obtain data from third parties who collect data from other third-party sources outside of our control. These third parties may use their own cookies and other tracking technologies. We do not control these third parties and their actions are governed by their privacy policies.
A cookie is a tiny element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so we can recognize your computer when you return. Cookies also assist with various performance aspects of a website. You may set your Web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. However, should you decide not to accept cookies from our website, you may limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our website. Additional general information about cookies and how they work is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. More information regarding cookies is also provided at the end of this document.
A web beacon (also known as a “tracking pixel” or “clear GIF”) is a clear graphic image (typically a one-pixel tag) that is delivered through a web browser or HTML e-mail, typically in conjunction with a cookie. Web beacons allows us, for example, to monitor how users move from one page within our websites to another, to track access to our communications, to understand whether users have come to our websites from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to measure how ads have been viewed and to improve site performance.
How We Use Use It
We will not sell or rent your Personal Information. Further, we will not disclose or share your Personal Information to any third party, except as described in the following examples:
- Our Family of Entities. If necessary to provide you with tailored products, product promotions and advertisements, product support services, or communication, we may disclose limited personal data such as name, email address and date of birth, to our family of entities, including parent, subsidiary and sister entities.
- Third-Party Affiliates. If necessary to provide our products or product support services to you, certain information, which may include name, email address, physical address, and order histories, may be shared on a need to know basis with authorized third-party affiliates. This is for your benefit in order that you might get the full benefit of your purchase. If necessary for our marketing, promotion, and performance objections, which may include name, address, email address, birthday and month, and browsing behavior, may be shared on need to know basis to third-party affiliates that are acting on our behalf or as a service to us, such as for purposes of eCommerce platform transactional and marketing functionality, email and product recommendations, product ratings and reviews, website analytics, paid media, marketing, and advertising.
- Service Providers. We may rely on third-party service providers to host and provide certain features of our websites, to provide transaction support to us, and/or product support services to you, such as payment processing, return/replacement, and warranty claims. We only share information that is necessary to complete the transaction. This information includes, as examples, name, address, credit card information, email address, and purchase histories.
- Business Purposes. If the information is non-Personal Information (from which individuals cannot be identified, and which do not relate to individuals) in aggregate form, and the disclosure is for business purposes, such as consultants and advisors to Company, then we may disclose such data.
- For the Protection of Company and Others. If Company, in good faith, determines that you have used the service to menace, threaten, harass, intimidate or otherwise deceptively pose as another person, or in any other way in violation of law, we may disclose. Simply, if you attempt to use the website or purchase or use a product for any unlawful means, you have no expectation of privacy and we may disclose any and all information for the protection of Company and others.
- Pursuant to Law, Rule or Regulation. If required or permitted to do so by law or if, in good faith, Company believes that such action is necessary to: (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend Company’s rights and property or prevent fraud; (3) protect Company against abuse, misuse or unauthorized use of Company’s products or services; (4) protect the personal safety or property of its personnel, users of the Website or the public, and/or (5) comply with tax reporting requirements, then the Company may disclose any and all information as needed to include having the servers that serve the Website automatically identify a computer by its IP address.
- Corporate Transactions. If a third party acquires all or substantially all of the assets of, or ownership interest in, Company whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization or otherwise, Company may transfer its database, including all Personal Information contained therein, to the third party.
- Debt Collection. To assist in debt collection where you owe a debt to Company, Company may disclose the following as examples, name, address, date of birth, identification number, email address, telephone number, photograph, etc.
Some of our operations, such as customer management, website administration, technical support, and/or electronic commerce, may be managed by third parties unaffiliated with Company. These companies may share Personal Information with their affiliates and with service providers whom they engage to perform services related to our website or the operation of our business.
How We Protect It
Company stores all information in state-of-the-art physical storage facilities and cloud storage. In doing so, Company uses appropriate physical, organizational and technological measures to protect the personal information you provide to us against loss or theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. This includes limiting access on a “need-to-know” basis, and employing two-factor authentication, physical locks, password protection and encryption. No electronic data transmission can be guaranteed to be secure from access by unintended recipients and Company will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this breach is due to its negligence. Although we are committed to employing reasonable technology in order to protect the security of our websites and storage sites, even with the best technology, no website is 100% secure. In transacting business with us through a website, you assume the risk inherent in transacting business online. If you prefer to submit your order by telephone, please call us at 1-949-215-9224.
To offer our websites, services and products to you, Company relies on plug-ins and services from third parties such as internet service providers, email service providers and plug-ins, calendar plug-ins, chat plug-ins, customer relationship management systems, credit card processors, and third-party data storage. None of these providers should have access to your personal information and our credit card processors are PCI compliant. However, we cannot guarantee with certainty that the computer systems and storage systems whereon these services are offered will not be accessed by unauthorized parties. This is a risk inherent in providing any information or conducting any business online. In transacting business with us through the Website, you assume the risk inherent in transacting business online.
As a general rule, we typically destroy all information after a reasonable lapse of time if you have failed to visit one of our websites or transact business with the company.
If you wish to request Data Deletion from any of the aforementioned uses of Personal Information, except in the case of Legal Proceedings or where required for tax and transactional purposes, please contact us via telephone at 1-949-215-9224. If you are receiving promotional emails from KILLER CONCEPTS and would like to “Opt-Out” of receiving promotional emails, please click "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of any promotional email or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Opt Out.”
Your subsequent disclosure of Personal Information nullifies any prior Opt-Out or Data Deletion request. The Company does not discriminate against those who opt-out or request data deletion. However, these actions may prevent us from conveniently and efficiently providing further, product support services and information to you.
California Privacy Rights
This section applies to California residents only.
This section applies to California residents only. Beginning January 1, 2020, pursuant to 1798.100 et seq. of the California Civil Code, residents of California may request that a business that collects a California resident’s Personal Information disclose certain categories and specific pieces of Personal Information collected, as permitted under California Consumer Privacy Act. The resident may also request that the business delete Personal Information collected about the consumer. To make a request pursuant to the foregoing, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-949-215-9224, or write to us at KILLER CONCEPTS Attn: Customer Support – 23341 Del Lago Dr., Laguna Hills, CA, 92653.
California employees, contractors and/or applicants, please refer to the Privacy Notice for California Company Employees, Contractors and Applicants (at the bottom of this section) for detailed information about Personal Information we collect which pertains to you.
This section applies to Canada residents only.
If you wish to access your Personal Information, or request that your Personal Information be corrected or removed from our database, you may contact our Privacy Officer as outlined below or make a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Company, within a commercially reasonable time, will provide access to this information, correct any factual inaccuracies identified, and remove information as requested. We may be unable to remove information to the extent that it is permitted or required to be retained by applicable law or document retention and data backup policies, or if removal is not practicable due to technological reasons. Removal of your personal information may prevent us from providing further services and information to you.
Company may require you to provide sufficient information to permit us to provide an account of the existence, use, and disclosure of personal information. The information provided shall only be used for this purpose.
The Website is not intended or designed to be used by anyone under the age of 13. It is not meant to be attractive to anyone under the age of 13, or to have any value or use by anyone under the age of 13. Company does not collect Personal Information from any person it knows to be under the age of 13. If you are under 13, DO NOT TRANSACT WITH US THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE, AND DO NOT SEND ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION. IF YOU ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 13 AND 17, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE UNLESS YOU ARE SUPERVISED BY A PARENT/GUARDIAN OR HAVE RECEIVED PERMISSION FROM YOUR PARENT/GUARDIAN.
Attention: Privacy Officer
KILLER CONCEPTS Inc.
23341 Del Lago Dr.,
Laguna Hills, CA, 92653
The information that we collect with cookies allows us to statistically analyze usage of the Services, and to improve and customize our content and other offerings. However, we only disclose information collected with cookies to third parties on an aggregated basis without the use of any information that personally identifies you.
The specific types of first party and third-party cookies placed by our Services and the purposes they perform are described in the table below:
Types of cookies
How to refuse
Strictly Necessary Cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Services. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing.
These cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Site and therefore cannot be refused. They can be deleted or blocked using your browser settings.
Performance and Functionality Cookies These are used to recognize you when you return to our Services. This enables us to personalize our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region), but are non-essential to the performance of our Services.
These cookies can be deleted or blocked using your browser settings.
Analytical or Customization Cookies These cookies collect information about how users access and move through our Services. We use this information in either aggregate form to help us to improve the way our Services work, or to personalize our Services to your interests.
Social Media Cookies These cookies allow us to integrate social media functions into our Services and may also be used for advertising purposes.
These cookies can be deleted or blocked using your browser settings. Alternatively, please follow the links below to opt-out: Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ads/settings.
For more information regarding opting out of targeted advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.youronlinechoices.com. Also, for further information on cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Privacy Notice for California Company Employees, Contractors and Applicants
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
What information do we process?
As your employer or potential employer, we need to keep and process certain information about you for normal employment and HR management purposes, to comply with our legal obligations and, where necessary, to protect our legitimate business interests. We will collect and process information from you during the recruitment process, during our employment relationship and following the termination of our employment relationship.
Personal Information is normally obtained directly from you. In certain circumstances, we obtain it indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or from information your computer or mobile device transmits when interacting with our website or mobile applications, among other things. There are also instances where it is necessary to obtain Personal Information from internal third parties, e.g. your line manager, or from external third parties, e.g. references from previous employers, recruiters, consumer reporting agencies for employment background checks etc.
The categories of Personal Information we collect are set out in more detail in the appendix to this notice. Personal information does not include de-identified or aggregated consumer information.
How do we use your information?
The information we collect from or about you will be used for management and administrative purposes. We keep it and use it to enable us to run our business, manage our employment or potential employment relationship with you effectively, and lawfully and appropriately protect employees’ (and prospective employees’) rights and interests. This includes the following use of your information:
- to enable us to manage your recruitment and onboarding process
- to enable us to manage your employment or potential employment to support and respond to your inquiries
- to maintain your contact information, including altering your details across relevant entities within KILLER CONCEPTS (for example personal, other employment and transferring roles), and to include contact details for your dependents and other designees as provided by you in case of personal or business emergency
- to contact you and inform you about benefits or other information pertaining to your employment or potential employment, and to administer a range of medical, dental, vision, retirement, disability and other benefits for you and your beneficiaries
- to provide employee data maintenance and support services, administration of separation of employment, approvals and authorization procedures, administration and handling of employee claims, and travel administration
- to enable us to pay and reimburse for expenses, including salary administration, payroll management, payment of expenses, to administer other compensation related payments, including assigning amounts of bonus and commission payments to individuals, and stock option payments
- to conduct performance reviews, including performance appraisals, career planning, skills monitoring, job moves, promotions and staff re-structuring
- to monitor work-related licenses and credentials, including provisioning software licenses for use in the course of an employee’s work-related responsibilities, ensuring compliance, training, examination and other requirements are met with applicable regulatory bodies
- to administer international (or inter-state) assignments, including relocation services, documenting assignment terms and conditions, obtaining relevant immigration documents, initiating vendor services, fulfilling home/host country tax administration and filing obligations, and addressing health requirements
- to monitor and ensure your eligibility to work in the U.S., which means monitoring and ensuring compliance of employees’ ability to work in the U.S
- to enable healthcare-related services, including conducting pre-employment drug screenings and employment-related medical screenings for return to work processes and medical case management needs; determining medical suitability for particular tasks; identifying health needs of employees to plan and provide appropriate services, including operation of sickness policies and procedures
- to facilitate better working environment, which includes conducting staff surveys, providing senior management information about other employees, and conducting training
- to ensure a healthy, safe and efficient working environment, which includes KILLER CONCEPTS’s actions relating to disciplinary actions, and code of conduct processes and investigations
- to maintain the safety, security and integrity of our systems, databases and other technology assets and our business
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, government regulatory request, court order or other law enforcement requests
- to pursue our legitimate interests and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings against the company
- as described to you whenever collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA or subsequently agreed to by you
Where there is a need to process your Personal Information for a purpose other than those set out in the appendix or otherwise outlined to you, we will inform you of this.
How is your information shared?
Your information may be disclosed to third parties where we are legally obliged to do so or where required or necessary by virtue of your employment or potential employment. For example, we pass on certain information to our external payroll provider, retirement and health insurance providers, consumer reporting agencies for employment background checks.
More detailed information on how we share your Personal Information is set out in the appendix.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, KILLER CONCEPTS Inc has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers
- Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories
- Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
- Category F: Internet or Network Activity
- Category G: Geolocation Data
- Category H: Audiovisual Information
- Category I: Professional or Employment Information
- Category J: Education Information as defined by the Family Education Rights Privacy Act
- Category K: Inferences Drawn
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold or leased any personal information. KILLER CONCEPTS does not sell or lease personal information.
What happens if you do not provide us with your information?
In some cases, you may decline to provide us with your Personal Information. However, if we believe that we require relevant information to effectively and properly manage our employment relationship, we may not be able to continue our employment relationship with you if you decline to provide us with that Personal Information.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com or reach out to your Human Resources representative.
KILLER CONCEPTS Inc. reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post a revised notice online and update the notice’s Effective Date above. We encourage you to check this link frequently to see the current privacy notice in effect and any changes that may have been made to them.
Examples of Personal Information that May Be Collected
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, or passport number.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, retirement, investment, or brokerage account information, legal issues (e.g., child support, alimony, wage garnishments and subpoenas), benefits information to include medical information, or health insurance information
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation for same sex benefits, veteran or military status
D. Commercial information
E. Biometric information
F. Internet or Network Activity
Browser history, search history, IP address, mobile device identifier, cookies, use of IT resources, interaction with website, app, advertisements, email and electronic messaging history.
G. Geolocation data
GPS coordinates, location-tracking information, physical location or movements
H. Audiovisual information
On-site security cameras, pictures, video and audio recordings
I. Professional or Employment information
Salary/compensation, benefits, beneficiary designations, talent management, disciplinary action, employment contract(s), employment history, performance reviews, professional designations, personnel files, training, visa status, business expenses, use of company products, and pre-hire documents (such as job applications, resumes, background check information, drug test information, and candidate evaluations)
J. Education information, as defined by the Family Education Rights Privacy Act
School records such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student identification codes, and/or student financial information, school(s) attended, dates attended, degree(s) earned, academic achievements
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information
Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes